About Odonnell Company
Odonnell Company is a New Haven, CT based marketing agency, committed to providing high level strategy, creativity, brand development, communications, and results for the clients we serve. Our team is composed of intelligent and hardworking individuals who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, quality, and diverse thought.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for driving sustainable business growth by expanding new business opportunities and clients. We are growing at more than 50% per year and need a strong business development lead to help support and expand our fast growth. The role will be at the forefront of the company’s expansion and will have the dedication to create and apply effective sales strategy to acquire new business. The role will identify prospects and leads, articulate the Company’s differentiators and values as well as forge strong relationships with clients and partners. Explore opportunities from government and non-government agencies, draft proposals and supporting documents based on requirements of the organizations. Research grants and funding initiatives for agencies on the State and Federal levels. Our ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and help find those new business opportunities.
- Develop new client relationships, build market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships.
- Build and manage client relationships to maintain business and acquire new clients.
- Research opportunities from government and non-government agencies.
- Examine risks and potentials for the business opportunities.
- Draft proposals and supporting documents based on the requirements of the client.
- Develop and negotiate contracts; and integrate contract requirements with business operations. Maintain confidentiality.
- Communicate with clients to ensure that all of their needs are understood and addressed.
- Research grants and funding initiatives for public health, mental health and addiction on the State and Federal levels.
- Identify and reach out to key contacts at government agencies to connect challenges with funding sources.
- Leverage syndicated and custom research to deeply understand client challenges and audience motivations.
- Collaborate with members of the strategic team and leverage our unique science to develop effective solutions to behavioral challenges
- Manage sophisticated, multifaceted public education campaigns and outreach programs
- Work with team members to monitor program results, develop reporting tools, and present results and outcomes to funding agencies.
- Manage the RFP processes including timeline, gathering and compiling information, review and submission.
- Additional responsibilities as directed.
Business Development Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Selling to customer’s needs, Territory management, Market knowledge
- Ability to study and understand programs and requirements
- Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources
- Presentation skills, Professionalism, Sales Planning
- Excellent knowledge of proposal review and submission
- Multitasking, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters with utmost integrity
- Grant writing experience a plus
- Experience with government sales and contracting is a plus
- BA in business administration or a related field
- 3 -5 years of sales experience
We are seeking a Jr. copywriter to join our collaborative, fast paced creative team. This is a role for a creative, detail-obsessed, empathetic, intelligent writer who has an interest in applying talents to making the world a better place. Our campaigns are focused on improving and saving lives, and making positive impacts in communities—so we need an individual who is interested in really digging in to understand complex challenges in education, health care, transportation, environment, and early childhood—and communicating to a range of audiences across the full spectrum of communication channels.
- Support research and gain knowledge about our clients and the challenges they manage.
- Provide copy support for campaigns, websites, social, ads, digital, broadcast, collateral.
- Work collaboratively with the creative, account, digital teams.
- Edit and proof marketing materials in adherence to internal guidelines and the AP Stylebook.
- In alignment with campaign objectives, produce creative ideas for innovative campaigns.
- Take ownership of written content—including grammatical, spelling, brand alignment, consistency in standards, and accuracy.
- Understand the message the client is seeking to deliver and translate into messaging.
Skills & Knowledge:
- The ability to think creatively and translate ideas into messaging.
- Experience in writing strong, succinct copy that is grammatically correct.
- A flexible approach and willingness to adapt ideas to the needs of clients.
- The ability to meet deadlines and work in a pressurized environment.
- Great organizational skills; An eye for detail and a desire for perfection.
- Strong research skills that ensure all copy is correct and accurate.
- A passion for writing and the willingness to learn from other creative professionals.
- Ability to take ownership and maintain high quality standards.
- 2+ years of experience of professional writing experience, either editorial or copywriting
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communication or Creative Writing
- Portfolio of articles.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to take constructive criticism.
- Good research skills.
Our entry level Junior Art Directors should have great design judgment and be able to work collaboratively with Art Directors and Copywriters to achieve the highest possible standards for creative across all media channels. This role requires gaining knowledge of client challenges and the ability to leverage creative talent and skills to address marketing objectives. Our campaigns are focused on making positive impacts in communities—so our Art Directors should be interested in digging in to understand and develop communications around complex challenges in education, health care, transportation, environment, and early childhood—and designing for a range of audiences across the full spectrum of communication channels.
The Junior Art Director must have a basic understanding of creative departmental procedures, such as following a brief assignment, print production protocols, usage rights of stock images for layout, etc. Daily responsibilities include generating and/or executing creative concepts from design through finished product.
- Use research and our methodology to understand projects, clients, and challenge to be solved. Use collaboration and creativity to develop compelling and positive creative campaigns.
- Work must adhere to client strategies and objectives, meeting deadlines and within budget.
- Support Art Directors in developing and editing creative deliverables for campaigns.
- Develop understanding of audiences and designs to appropriately meet them.
- Perform basic layout in Adobe software and/or digital formats for assigned projects.
- Follow agency/client review and trafficking; makes revisions, solves problems by reviewing with supervisor/account services.
- Adapt concepts to all mediums, working closely with project leaders.
- Communicate with team members regarding deadlines, quality control and new work.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Exercise judgment and project management skills to balance priorities and communicate to peers to meet and exceed project deadlines and commitments.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to manage time and take initiative.
- Professional client service manner and ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Speed and agility; Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, developing creative design within extremely tight deadlines—willingness to work occasional weekend hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Illustration, Animation or related art field.
- Experience level 2-4 years creating digital assets for web, display, mobile, print, video, and more.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and InDesign.
- Video and Audio Capabilities a plus.
The Digital Director role demands deep technical knowledge and excellent communication skills. This role will manage our digital marketing, website and application development, and social media teams. The role will include working with clients and account directors to understand client needs and help develop strategic technical solutions. Efforts will include collaborating with others to uncover best-in-class solutions to solve customer needs. The role will oversee scoping, planning, implementing, and maintaining our technical and social solutions with the support of developers and social media experts.
- Gather client requirements for website, web application, and other digital projects.
- Develop detailed project specifications.
- Developing digital strategies to support client objectives.
- Interacting with clients, consulting on technical opportunities.
- Manage digital development, digital marketing, and social media team members.
- Present technical solutions to clients and internal teams.
- Oversee the progress and performance of all aspects of technical projects; adapt the plan as needed, leverage team talent, adhere to budget and all client reporting requirements.
- Support ideation & writing on proposals.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the organization. Previous success working in a dynamic environment with the ability to adapt to evolving priorities.
- Fluent in technology and strong knowledge of project and application development methodologies.
- Solid presentation, facilitation, interview, and workshop skills.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, adaptation and conflict-management skills.
- Understand the scope of work of technology projects and keeping within scope.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or other related field
- At least 2 years of experience in an ad agency or marketing firm
- 2 - 5 years of digital experience plus managerial experience