Begin your career with Odonnell Company by applying for one of our open positions.
Our team is composed of intelligent and hardworking individuals who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, quality, and diverse thought. Our company is experiencing substantial growth; We are seeking a Part Time Director of Finance/Controller to work with the agency’s leadership for stability, analysis, and growth. This role will be responsible for developing financial and operational strategies, metrics, and ongoing development and monitoring of systems to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced, self-motivated, Finance Professional with a high level of professionalism and a strong background in supporting small business financials, including rapid growth or startup scenarios.
- Oversee fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, forecasting, and auditing
- Develop methods for accuracy checking and ensuring errors are corrected
- Work with company partners to develop company strategic goals and measure progress
- Develop forecasts based on existing and expected purchase orders, monitor, and report
- Oversee finance team, including recruiting new staff members when necessary
- Help manage client contracts vendor contracts
- Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks online
- 10+ years of experience for company financials, showing growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (Master’s in Tax or Accounting preferred); CPA certification is a plus
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced online environment, ad agency experience preferred
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate quickly with leadership team, share ideas, and move forward with plan
20 Hours per week: mostly in-office hours (currently at-home office hours due to COVID).
To Apply, Please Provide:
- A cover letter to the attention of Human Resources, explaining how your qualifications match the needs of the position.
- Current resume
- Hourly rate requirements; based on an estimated 20 hours per week
- Job Type: Part-time
- Benefits: 401(k), Employee Assistance Program
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Ability to Commute/Relocate: New Haven, CT 06510 (Required)
- Application Question(s):: What is your hourly salary requirement?
- Experience: Advertising/Marketing agency: 5 years (Required), Financial analysis: 10 years (Required)
- Work Location: One Location
- Hours per Week: 10-19
- Company's website: https://odonnellco.com/
- Company's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OdonnellCompany
- Benefit Conditions: Only full-time employees eligible
- Work Remotely:: Temporarily due to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Precautions: Remote Interview Process